Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com> on 2000/08/30 21:01:41 UTC

Re: cvs commit: jakarta-velocity/src/java/org/apache/velocity/servlet CGITool.java CookieTool.java FormListTool.java FormTool.java RequestTool.java ResponseTool.java SessionTool.java

on 8/30/2000 11:49 AM, "Daniel L. Rall" <dl...@finemaltcoding.com> wrote:

> These interface and the functionality that they represent make no sense
> in a non-web app.  What if you want to use Velocity--in standalone--to
> generate XML?  Why do you want the baggage of a CGITool or a
> CookieTool?  I would much rather have a small and super-fast
> *templating* engine, then add a turbine.jar file if I want something
> more than that (to build a web app).
> --
>
> Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>

Daniel,

Stop. We need to have that functionality. I will talk to you more about it
in person on thurs.

-jon

--
http://scarab.tigris.org/    | http://noodle.tigris.org/