Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Reth RM <re...@gmail.com> on 2017/09/29 16:03:40 UTC

Distributed IDF configuration query

Dear Solr User Group,

    I am trying to configure distributed idf(global df) to a collection
consisting of 3 shards.
Listed below are the configurations applied, however, the debug-explain
results still show the "idf" computed at shard index level. For example,
indexed total 7 docs,  3 among them had the term "art" and they were
distributed into 3 shards, expected docFreq=3 and docCount=7, but results
were as seen in the screenshot below. Incase if the image is not visible,
please follow the link : here
<https://s02.justpaste.it/files/justpaste/d507/a18217305/screen_shot_2017-09-27_at_7_35_45_pm.png>

[image: Inline image 1]

*Configurations applied*

Added the following stats cache config to solrconfig.xml and reloaded
collection
<statsCache class="org.apache.solr.search.stats.ExactStatsCache"/>

Also executed the curl command:
curl http://localhost:8983/solr/test_news_byte_d_idf/config -H
'Content-type:application/json' -d '{ "set-user-property" :
{"solr.statsCache":"org.apache.solr.search.stats.ExactStatsCache "}}'

 Any pointers regarding what else need to be done as a part of
configuration appreciated.

Re: Distributed IDF configuration query

Posted by "alessandro.benedetti" <a....@sease.io>.
Hi Reth,
there are some problem in the debug for the distributed IDF [1]

Your case seems different though.
It has been a while I experimented that feature but your config seems ok to
me.
What helped me a lot that time was to debug my Solr instance.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-7759

-----
Alessandro Benedetti
Sease Ltd. - www.sease.io