Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Ho-Ki Au <ho...@gmail.com> on 2004/06/24 19:00:10 UTC

how do you tell axis where to stop introspection?

I have deployed Axis 1.1 on weblogic 8.1.2 in an effort to provide an
xml web service on top of a session bean.  I'm using literal encoding
and document style of messaging, and I use the CastorSerializerFactory
and CastorDeserializerFactory to do serialization and deserialization
respectively.  The method signatures of the session bean have a class
that is derived from a superclass in a series of extensions.  For the
sake of discussion, let's say the class that appears in the interface
is C.  C extends from B which in turn extends from A.  It appeared
that Axis would do some introspection on C and discover B and A, and
exposes types of data members in B and A as it generates WSDL.  I do
not mean the tool java2wsdl or the axis-java2wsdl ant task.  They have
a stopclasses parameter to control where to stop introspection, though
that did not seem to work.  I would like to have some control over
introspection when I get the WSDL from the URL
http://host/axis/services/myservice?wsdl.  I actually was not able to
get the WSDL from that URL, as Axis output an error saying that
there's some unspecified namespace.  That namespace was supposed to be
for a type definition in class A.  I do not have
serializer/deserializer for B nor A.  I did not intend to have type
definitions for A or B be written in the WSDL; I didn't need that.  I
would like to have introspection stop at C.  How can I do that?

Please help.  It's deeply appreciated.  Thanks.

--

-hoki