Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Marc Boorshtein <mb...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/20 16:35:00 UTC

How to compile Kerberos client classes?

ApacheDSers,

I'm trying to build the apacheds' kerberos client.  I first checked out the
trunk-with-dependencies and ran 'mvn test' I then checked out '
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/clients/trunk/kerberos/' and then
ran mvn and got the following error:

Project ID: org.apache.directory.client.kerberos:build:pom:1.5.2-SNAPSHOT

Reason: Cannot find parent: org.apache.directory.server:apacheds-parent for
project: org.apache.directory.client.kerberos:build:pom:1.5.2-SNAPSHOT for
project org.apache.directory.client.kerberos:build:pom:1.5.2-SNAPSHOT

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Marc

Re: How to compile Kerberos client classes?

Posted by Marc Boorshtein <mb...@gmail.com>.
Sorry, I made a mistake : I was not compiling the clients, but the main
> project...
>
> The Clients project have not been released yet, and they have not been
> modified to point to the new apacheds and shared release (should point to
> 1.5.3-SNAPSHOT and 0.9.11-SNAPSHOT)
>
> I will change that and commit the code.

worked perfect.  thanks for your help

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Marc Boorshtein wrote:
> ApacheDSers,
>
> I'm trying to build the apacheds' kerberos client.  I first checked
> out the trunk-with-dependencies and ran 'mvn test' I then checked out
> 'http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/clients/trunk/kerberos/'
> and then ran mvn and got the following error:
>
> Project ID: org.apache.directory.client.kerberos:build:pom:1.5.2-SNAPSHOT
>
> Reason: Cannot find parent:
> org.apache.directory.server:apacheds-parent for project:
> org.apache.directory.client.kerberos:build:pom:1.5.2-SNAPSHOT for
> project org.apache.directory.client.kerberos:build:pom:1.5.2-SNAPSHOT
>

> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> Marc

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org

Re: How to compile Kerberos client classes?

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Marc Boorshtein wrote:
> ApacheDSers,
Hi Marc,

can you try a mvn -Prelease install on top level first ?

> I'm trying to build the apacheds' kerberos client.  I first checked
> out the trunk-with-dependencies and ran 'mvn test' I then checked out
> 'http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/clients/trunk/kerberos/'
> and then ran mvn and got the following error:
>
> Project ID: org.apache.directory.client.kerberos:build:pom:1.5.2-SNAPSHOT
>
> Reason: Cannot find parent:
> org.apache.directory.server:apacheds-parent for project:
> org.apache.directory.client.kerberos:build:pom:1.5.2-SNAPSHOT for
> project org.apache.directory.client.kerberos:build:pom:1.5.2-SNAPSHOT
>

> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> Marc

cordialement, regards,