Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Dmitry Pavlov <dp...@apache.org> on 2021/08/03 15:33:04 UTC

Secondary TeamCity instance: ci2.ignite.apache.org

Hi Igniters,

I'm glad to announce that SberTech made an internal aggreement to sponsor a computing power to provide backup TeamCity instance. This instance is intended to be a geo-independent, secondary instance with availablility for community members.

Thanks to JetBrains for providing license keys for TeamCity as their part of opensource sponsoring program.

Most likely, we'll setup some domain name as tc.i.a.o or ci2.i.a.o. Please share your vision what would be most obvious.

After a private discussions with Vitaliy Osipov and Petr Ivanov, I do believe that it would be possible to preserve current registered users. Build configurations are to be the same for the secondary instance. Technical details on how is could be achieved will be available later (most likely we'll start a sepearate thread to dicuss that).

You are more than welcome to be an early adopters.

Sincerely,
Dmitriy Pavlov

Re: Ci and ci2 settings synchronization

Posted by Petr Ivanov <mr...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Nikolay.

Currently, I know only how to sync build settings — we should move to Kotlin.
But that is not an easy task — lots of code should be written before we can move, several repositories established and so on.

Considering server instance settings like user database — tempted DB admin is required to prepare custom scripts that will replicate users info directly in database (and script maintenance will also be required due to annual DB scheme migration).

Posted by Anton Vinogradov <av...@apache.org>.
Folks,

Could we have a kick-off call to determine the roadmap?

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Nikolay Izhikov <ni...@apache.org>.
Hello, Igniters.

Re: Secondary TeamCity instance: ci2.ignite.apache.org

Posted by Dmitry Pavlov <dp...@apache.org>.
Thanks to Vitaly Osipov for creating a request, waiting for infra to set it up:

Posted by Anton Vinogradov <av...@apache.org>.
Great news!

Posted by Petr Ivanov <mr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pavel Tupitsyn <pt...@apache.org>.
Dmitry,

This is awesome!

> tc.i.a.o or ci2.i.a.o
My vote for ci2.i.a.o

Posted by Dmitry Pavlov <dp...@apache.org>.
Hi Folks,

Thanks to Vitaly Osipov, to infra , and to Peter Ivanov
https://ci2.ignite.apache.org/ is working now. You can use your current account credentials from ci to log in.

Final setup is not finished, so RunAll can't be executed there, but some test steps you can do now. At least, check login, check some separate suite execution (excepting .net)

Sincerely,
Dmitriy Pavlov