Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Vernon <vw...@yahoo.com> on 2004/06/18 06:10:56 UTC

A application level cache Issue in the newest TC 5

I have the following debugging code in one
region/section (of a page) of JSP files.

pageContext.getRequest().getLocale()
pageContext.getResponse().getLocale()

On the TC 4.1.29 (and up to 5.0.19 I believe), the
values are the followings:

en_CA
en_CA

But, on TC 5.0.25,

en_CA
zh

The first request was from a browser with Chinese on
the top of the accepted-language list. It seems to me
that it is due to application level cache.  It is only
applied for the header and footer of a page, but not
the body. The tagPool in the server.xml is off.

How to resolve this unexpected problem?

Thanks,

v.