Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Ophir Etzion <op...@foursquare.com> on 2016/07/22 13:32:43 UTC

wrong remaining space reported by Data Nodes

Hi,

I have a cluster with about 200 Data Nodes.
when doing `hdfs dfsadmin -report` all nodes report less remaining space
then exists on the disks (as seen by 'df -h' on the data node machine).
it is less by about 2TB in every machine.
when restarting a DataNode it calculates the remaining space well again and
we get the 2TB back as remaining space.

any idea why this difference in the remaining space happens and how I can
solve it? (something other than doing a rolling restart on the nodes every
time this happens)

Thank you,
Ophir

Re: wrong remaining space reported by Data Nodes

Posted by Ophir Etzion <op...@foursquare.com>.
Thank you very much for response!

Do you know if its just reporting badly in that command or will hdfs not
have that space available if it needs it?

Thank you,
Ophir

Posted by Vinayakumar B <vi...@huawei.com>.
Hi