Posted to user@commons.apache.org by vijayaratha vijayasingam <vi...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/27 10:59:30 UTC

[commons-vfs] Need clarification for FileContent.getOutputStream(boolean) method..

Hi all;
We are using commons.vfs2 library in our synapse vfs transport...
I need a clarification for the following function;

*org.apache.commons.vfs2.FileContent.getOutputStream(boolean)*

If i use true or false, whatever, i see my output file is newly generated
one..
Can anybody clarify what is the exact difference if i use true and false?

Thanks
-Ratha

Re: [commons-vfs] Need clarification for FileContent.getOutputStream(boolean) method..

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
I'm on the road, please feel free to update.

Gary

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
pong?

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
ping?

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Posted by vijayaratha vijayasingam <vi...@gmail.com>.
Yes i mentioned that..It is recreating the file..not appending to older
file..
Thanks
-Ratha

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.
Right. Isn't that what Ratha says is not happening? He is setting the value to true and it is recreating the file, not just appending to it.

Ralph

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.