Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by MYoung <cl...@live.com> on 2008/02/20 23:54:55 UTC

What is the Wicket way to redirect?

In my Checkout page if there is nothing to checkout, I want to bounce to the
ShowCatalog page with an error message.  I did it this way:

class Checkout extends WebPage {
    public Checkout() {
        if (thereIsNothingToCheckout()) {
            error("You have nothing to checkout");
            setResponsePage(ShowCatalog.class);
            return;
        }

        // continue to checkout

    }
}

Is this the right way?

Re: 答复: What is the Wicket way to redirect?

Posted by Maurice Marrink <ma...@gmail.com>.
In defense of the "oldtimers". We do see a lot of questions recurring
regularly (not talking about any question in particular), even if an
answer has been documented for it. Sometimes people do not search for
it.
That being said we are only humans here, sometimes we had a bad day
and what seems like a normal question will get shotdown. Please try to
understand that we do want to help people but sometimes a question or
response is misread/ interpreted.
In my opinion there are mailinglists where people get a rtfm far often
then we do here.

Maurice

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
On 5/1/08, Andrew Broderick <ab...@peak6solutions.com> wrote:
> FYI, what's wrong with the Javadoc is that for RestartResponseException, it says:

"Causes wicket to interrupt current request processing and immediately
respond with the specified page."

> And for RestartResponseAtInterceptPageException, it says:

"Causes Wicket to interrupt current request processing and immediately
redirect to an intercept page. Similar to calling
redirectToInteceptPage(Page) with the difference that this exception
will interrupt processing of the current request."

>  This says nothing about what the differences between the two are.

Actually it does: one goes to the specified page, the other goes to an
intercept page. If this is not clear enough, you can open up
redirectToInterceptPage(Page) and read there: "Redirects browser to an
intermediate page such as a sign-in page."

But if you have a better description, you are welcome to submit a patch.

Martijn

RE: 答复: What is the Wicket way to redirect?

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
s/error/session.error/