Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Nigel Daley <nd...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2007/01/24 00:49:10 UTC

move automated patch builds

Hi All,

As you may be aware, I've setup an automated patch build process that
will test patches when a JIRA first moves from "Open" to "Patch
Available".  The process then adds a +1 or -1 comment to the JIRA
based on the test results.

I'd like to move these builds to lucene.zones.apache.org.  This would
give everyone insight into the complete build results for a given
patch.  I'd like to use Hudson (https://hudson.dev.java.net/), an
open source (MIT license) continuous integration build server, to
perform the builds and display the results.  I chose Hudson because
(1) it's what I'm familiar with, (2) it's drop-dead easy to
configure, and (3) it has a very nice interface.

Any objections?

Cheers,
Nige