Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by Maximilian Michels <mx...@apache.org> on 2016/04/05 11:25:37 UTC

Re: Flink on Apache Bigtop project

Hi,

I'm an Apache Flink committer and I'd be very happy to see Flink enter
Bigtop. We have seen quite some interest in Bigtop in the Flink
community. I've been checking out Bhupendra Singh's pull request which
followed this thread: https://github.com/apache/bigtop/pull/93

The packaging of Flink remains one of the biggest hurdles for people
who want to install and run Flink on a cluster. Thus, that was my main
focus when reviewing the PR. Apart from a few issues I found, the pull
request looks good. It would be great if we could bring it into a
mergeable state.

I wonder if it makes sense to break this pull request into several
pull requests? For example, one for the packaging, one for the puppet
scripts, and another one for the smoke tests. That could make
reviewing of the changes easier and people could already try out
incremental changes. I'd be happy to help out with the packaging and
scripting.

What do you think about that?

Thanks,
Max