Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Alexander Pivovarov <ap...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/01 21:30:09 UTC

Do we still need --no-prefix to generate patch using git?

I noticed that HIVE-9538.patch has a and b prefixes.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12695792/HIVE-9538.patch
It was built by Jenkins successfully...

Also, Review Board allows to upload patches only with a,b prefixes now.

If a,b prefixes are required now How to Contribute wiki should be updated
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/HowToContribute#HowToContribute-CreatingaPatch

Re: Do we still need --no-prefix to generate patch using git?

Posted by Brock Noland <br...@cloudera.com>.
The pre commit tests work with prefix and without.