Posted to c-users@xerces.apache.org by Brian Hassink <bh...@hatterasnetworks.com> on 2005/10/14 01:51:21 UTC

cached schema issues

Hello,

I'm trying to improve the performance of my instance document loading and read that cached schema's are one way of improving load times.

To that end, the first thing I tried was to enable caching using parser.cacheGrammarFromParse() but this had the effect of only working for the first document I loaded and all my subsequent documents failed (when I disable this option, all my documents load fine). It should be noted that my documents (approximately 100 of them) are each using two or three of approximately 20 different schemas. Is there a limitation to enabling this option?

The second thing I tried was to pre-load all my schemas using parser.loadGrammar() and to then load my documents. This worked, but the load time for my documents actually got worse (by about 2x)!

Any insight into these issues?

Cheers,
Brian