Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/25 03:20:51 UTC

Startup improvements

Doing some server startup improvements and actually found and fixed a couple bugs.  Anyway...

Here's what I'm now seeing on a TomEE install started from the command line:

 - apache-tomee-webprofile-1.0.0-beta-3-SNAPSHOT/logs/catalina.out:INFO: Server startup in 1546 ms

And here's what I'm seeing in Eclipse:

 - INFO: Server startup in 892 ms

Application reloads in Eclipse are also way faster.

-David

Re: Startup improvements

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
That's why we remove them in arquillian.

- Romain

Re: Startup improvements

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.
On Apr 24, 2012, at 6:20 PM, David Blevins wrote:

> Doing some server startup improvements and actually found and fixed a couple bugs.  Anyway...
>

> Here's what I'm now seeing on a TomEE install started from the command line:
>
> - apache-tomee-webprofile-1.0.0-beta-3-SNAPSHOT/logs/catalina.out:INFO: Server startup in 1546 ms

The difference appears to be Eclipse doesn't start all the non-essential applications.  If you remove the "docs", "host-manager", and "manager" applications from a plain TomEE zip, leaving only "ROOT" and "tomee", then you see this as a start time:

 - apache-tomee-webprofile-1.0.0-beta-3-SNAPSHOT/logs/catalina.out:INFO: Server startup in 891 ms