Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Eric Rodriguez <to...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/03 10:34:11 UTC

Re: AjaxServlet questions

1. On the web.xml of your AjaxServlet make sure you have:
<context-param>
	<param-name>org.apache.activemq.brokerURL</param-name>
	<param-value>tcp://url.to.amqBroker:61616</param-value>
	<description>
		The URL of the Message Broker to connect to
	</description>
</context-param>

Now your servlet knows where the broker is.
2. On your HTML/JSP/Javascript subscribe to the topic/queue where your
JMS app is publishing messages:
var myHandler =
	{
	 rcvDiff: function(message)
	 {
	   doSomething();
	 }
	};

	function listenersInit() {
		amq.addListener("anyID","topic://my_topic",myHandler.rcvDiff);
	}
3. You're ready to go. You don't need to embed AMQ (but you could if you
want). if you want to send message or create a new topic/queue just do:
amq.sendMessage("my_queue",msg);

Regards,
Eric

Re: AjaxServlet questions

Posted by Eric Rodriguez <to...@gmail.com>.

Eric Rodriguez wrote:

>     function listenersInit() {
>         amq.addListener("anyID","topic://my_topic",myHandler.rcvDiff);
>     }

To make it clear:
"amq.addListener("anyID","topic://my_topic",myHandler.rcvDiff);"

does not need to be inside listenersInit(), that's just how I do it.