Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Paul Schaub <va...@fsfe.org> on 2019/04/23 10:54:59 UTC

Question regarding plugin hosting

Hi!

I hope this is the right mailing list for my issue.

I just tried to install the Java EE Base plugin for Netbeans 11
(Archlinux) from within netbeans plugin manager. However, it failed due
to a network connection error. I tried to manually download the missing
plugin files (there were more than one failing) among others this one:

https://netbeans.apache.org/nb/updates/11.0/enterprise/org-netbeans-modules-el-lexer.nbm

I noticed, that the file is being downloaded from "gutscheine.org",
which sounds a little bit suspicious. On top of that, netbeans prompts
me whether I want to install the plugin, as it appears to be unsigned.

Is there something fishy going on?

Paul

RE: Question regarding plugin hosting

Posted by Eric Barboni <sk...@apache.org>.
Hi Paul,
 About "gutscheine.org" , this server is on the mirror list of apache so it should be safe.

Regards
Eric
I'm not sure about anything fishy going on, but you should not need to download Java EE base plugin for NetBeans 11.  I believe the base is included with NetBeans 11.

Did you just recently download a fresh copy of Apache NetBeans 11 from the link below?

https://netbeans.apache.org/download/nb110/nb110.html

Thanks

On Tue, Apr 23, 2019 at 5:57 AM Paul Schaub <va...@fsfe.org> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I hope this is the right mailing list for my issue.
>
> I just tried to install the Java EE Base plugin for Netbeans 11
> (Archlinux) from within netbeans plugin manager. However, it failed
> due to a network connection error. I tried to manually download the
> missing plugin files (there were more than one failing) among others this one:
>

> https://netbeans.apache.org/nb/updates/11.0/enterprise/org-netbeans-mo
> dules-el-lexer.nbm
>
> I noticed, that the file is being downloaded from "gutscheine.org",
> which sounds a little bit suspicious. On top of that, netbeans prompts
> me whether I want to install the plugin, as it appears to be unsigned.
>
> Is there something fishy going on?
>
> Paul

Josh Juneau
juneau001@gmail.com
http://jj-blogger.blogspot.com
https://www.apress.com/us/search?query=Juneau
<https://www.apress.com/index.php/author/author/view/id/1866>

Re: Question regarding plugin hosting

Posted by Josh Juneau <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi Paul,

Posted by Paul Schaub <va...@fsfe.org>.
Okay, thank you for the clarification :)

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org>.