Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Dominik Stadler <do...@gmx.at> on 2018/02/12 15:02:57 UTC

Re: adding dependencies on h2 and mockito

Sorry this got a bit burried because it was sent under the "h2 and mockito
dependencies" topic.

I think vsdump is used for .vsd files (old binary format), not for .vsdx
files. New newer format is actually a zip-file, so you can open it with a
zip-utility and look at the files in there.

We have a utility OOXMLPrettyPrint in the POI sources which can reformat
the XML files in the .vsdx so that they are easier to read.

For useful tests, I think it would be best to focus on the overall
reading/writing of data at first, e.g. start with a test for XDGFDocument
to ensure the code can properly open and write documents. Then XDGFSheet is
the next class which provides basic functionality and the actual contents
of the Visio document like cells, sections and stylesheets. Having useful
tests for those two would be a good start already!

Dominik.