Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mario Beekwilder <ma...@cmg.nl> on 2000/12/07 16:06:51 UTC

Install Apache3.14 with mod_jk.so and Tomcat3.2

Hi,

We are trying to get Apache3.14 working with mod_jk.so and Tomcat3.2
on a Digital Alpha Tru64 4.0D Unix, with J2SDK 1.2.2.
Everything compiled fine (thanks to the other mail-threads :)

Apache with mod_jserv runs fine.
Now the configuration of Tomcat and Apache with mod_jk. That's hard!
Anyone already up-and-running?

Mario Beekwilder
Software Engineer  - CMG-TP

Re: Install Apache3.14 with mod_jk.so and Tomcat3.2

Posted by Sandy McPherson <al...@webmind.nl>.
Mario Beekwilder wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are trying to get Apache3.14 working with mod_jk.so and Tomcat3.2
> on a Digital Alpha Tru64 4.0D Unix, with J2SDK 1.2.2.
> Everything compiled fine (thanks to the other mail-threads :)
>
> Apache with mod_jserv runs fine.
> Now the configuration of Tomcat and Apache with mod_jk. That's hard!
> Anyone already up-and-running?
>
> Mario Beekwilder
> Software Engineer  - CMG-TP

I have had no problems with Linux and Solaris. Getting mod_jk to compile
is explained the the mod_jkHowto file in in the doc directory. It was
really quite straightforward. Then you need to take the mod_jk.conf-auto
file include it in the httpd.conf and tune it to your needs. You
probably also need some Location and LocationMatch directives in the
httpd.conf file to get Apache to see the static files in your Tomcat
contexts.

If you explain what the problems are, then we could help, but as we
don't know what precisely is going wrong we can't help much!

Sandy