Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Josef Wagner <jo...@on-ergy.de> on 2006/05/09 22:30:26 UTC

OJB do delete and insert instead of update

Hello list,

why does ojb delete and insert when I'm updating an existing entry?

Isn't this way negative in view of performance?

I've seen this concept also by updating m-n relations.

Thanks for your answers

Josef Wagner, Germany

AW: OJB do delete and insert instead of update

Posted by Josef Wagner <jo...@on-ergy.de>.
Hi Armin,
I'm working with OJB 1.0.3.
Sorry, I have debugged again and see that m-n-handling is ok.
Delete and insert instead of updating takes only affect by updating the
primitive attributes of an object, not in the m-n relation tables.

regards
Josef

Hi Josef,

Josef Wagner wrote:
> Hello list,
>

> why does ojb delete and insert when I'm updating an existing entry?
>
> Isn't this way negative in view of performance?
>
> I've seen this concept also by updating m-n relations.

Which version of OJB do you use?
Beside the update of m-n relations when does OJB "delete and insert"
instead of a simply update? Could you describe more detailed?

regards,
Armin

Re: OJB do delete and insert instead of update

Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@apache.org>.
Hi Josef,