Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Erich Kolb <ek...@softamics.com> on 2014/12/03 07:16:14 UTC

New to the list

Hello Everyone!

Is this list actually active or am I not actually subscribed?  I signed up earlier today and haven't received anything.

- Erich

RE: New to the list

Posted by Erich Kolb <ek...@softamics.com>.
Thanks Adarsh!

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Have you read http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HowToContribute ?

There're several components in hadoop: common, hdfs, mapreduce, yarn ...
Which one are you interested in ?

Cheers

Re: New to the list

Posted by Tsuyoshi OZAWA <oz...@gmail.com>.
Hi Abhishek,

Welcome to Hadoop!
The Hadoop community has maintained the documents for Hadoop for
community edition. You can read it on the web site.
http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/current/

If you'd like to know Hadoop for more detail, "Hadoop: The Definitive
Guide" by Tom White is a good book for you.

You can get early access version from a following link:
http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920033448.do?intcmp=il-strata-books-videos-cat-intsrch_hadoop_ct

Thanks,
- Tsuyoshi

--