Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Luciano Belotto <lu...@traxsoftware.com> on 2002/06/27 17:01:50 UTC

Connection to Oracle database doesn't work when Tomcat is a service

I'm new to this list and to using Tomcat. Request help with this:

I setup TomCat 4 with my IIS 5.0 using the instructions on
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~lampante/howto/tomcat/iisnt/index.html

For the most part everything works fine. My webpage traxusers.com still
works with IIS (iis runs the html) and TomCat runs the jsp pages I want.

the problem lies in running a jsp that connects to the database, but
only when I run Tomcat as a service.

If I run TomCat from the startup.bat, everything seems to go fine.

But when i have it running only as a service (setup with the
jk_nt_service.exe), the JSP pages themselves work fine, but the
connection to the database returns this error: java.sql.SQLException:
ORA-12640: Authentication adapter initialization failed

Can anyone suggest/help on this, what should I look for

-Luciano