Posted to user@arrow.apache.org by Thomas Buhrmann <th...@gmail.com> on 2019/06/14 18:25:29 UTC

Installing the R package

Hi,
I've already posted this as a bug here (ARROW-5614
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARROW-5614>), but in case somebody
from the community has experience with this maybe I can resolve it quicker
here...

I'm trying to install the R package in a Debian environment (an extension
of the dockerhub image from rocker/rstudio). This environment has R and
RStudio installed, as well as arrow-cpp, parquet-cpp and pyarrow via conda.
But when I install the R package I'm getting the

Please use arrow::install_arrow()

message. And when I try to do that

Error: 'install_arrow' is not an exported object from 'namespace:arrow'

The installation of the package didn't seem to throw any errors, and I've
told it where to find the arrow-cpp /lib and /include folders (see
ARROW-5614 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARROW-5614>).

Any idea what may be going on, and whether the package can be installed and
linked against arrow as installed via conda?

Re: Installing the R package

Posted by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com>.
hi Thomas,

The development version of the R project is not currently in a state
of readiness for user testing. Hopefully we'll have it all sorted out
in the next couple of weeks but we welcome your feedback (and bug
reports) on JIRA. I am moving the discussion to dev@arrow.apache.org
were more developers will see this

- Wes

Re: Installing the R package