Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Walter Hurry <wa...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/21 04:07:44 UTC

Re: Bayes - Problem using SQLite: SOLVED

On Tue, 19 Mar 2013 19:22:49 +0000, Walter Hurry wrote:

> I am experimenting with using SQLite for my Bayes db.
>
> However when I start spamd, it reports the following in
> /var/log/maillog:
>
> bayes: tok_get_all: SQL error: no such function: RPAD
>
> This is correct, in that SQLite does not support RPAD.
>
> I believe this call is in SQL.pm (part of
> Mail::SpamAssassin::BayesStore).
> Is it possible to hack that module in any way to work around the issue?
>
> Sorry if this is too simple a question; whilst I am familiar with SQL, I
> know nothing of perl.
>
> In case it matters, this is SA 3.3.2

It looks to be solved by hacking SQL.pm. I'll report back in a day or so
in case anyone is interested.

Re: Bayes - Problem using SQLite: SOLVED

Posted by Walter Hurry <wa...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, 21 Mar 2013 03:07:44 +0000, Walter Hurry wrote:

> On Tue, 19 Mar 2013 19:22:49 +0000, Walter Hurry wrote:
>
>> I am experimenting with using SQLite for my Bayes db.
>>
>> However when I start spamd, it reports the following in
>> /var/log/maillog:
>>
>> bayes: tok_get_all: SQL error: no such function: RPAD
>>
>> This is correct, in that SQLite does not support RPAD.
>>
>> I believe this call is in SQL.pm (part of
>> Mail::SpamAssassin::BayesStore).
>> Is it possible to hack that module in any way to work around the issue?
>>
>> Sorry if this is too simple a question; whilst I am familiar with SQL,
>> I know nothing of perl.
>>
>> In case it matters, this is SA 3.3.2
>
> It looks to be solved by hacking SQL.pm. I'll report back in a day or so
> in case anyone is interested.

Yes, I changed the (SQL.pm) line in sub _token_select_string
from:
return "RPAD(token, 5, ' ')";
to:
return "SUBSTR(token || '     ', 1, 5)";

and all seems to be working according to plan now.