Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Melissa Kam <Me...@onsemi.com> on 2002/04/09 10:32:21 UTC

Character Set

Hi all,

My application is running on Apache 1.3.9, Oracle database 7.3.4 and
application built using Oracle Designer. The database charset is JA16EUC
(japanese 16 bit) but I'm not sure about the Apache charset. My clients
key in special characters (using japanese OS/keyboards) into the
application and I have problems displaying it on the web. I discovered
that I can implement the following settings in the Apache HTTP server
but am unsure on where to locate the ssp_init.txt file.

Set the following line in ssp_init.txt:
CHARSET=JA16EUC

I'm not sure where to begin. Please advise.

Thanks and rgds,
Melissa