Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Pegerto Fernandez Torres <pe...@opencredo.com> on 2018/02/05 11:27:32 UTC

kafka-streams using throught

Hello all,

Can someone help me to understand the throught operation?

At the documentation, the operation is equivalent to use #to# and define a
#stream#. And according to the code that is exactly what it does,  invoke
to and return a stream.

Now I want to store a intermediate result of the topology but I don't see
how this operation can be process in the same transaction.

Does the thought operation write and read in the same transaction ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

--

Pegerto Fernandez

*Lead Consultant *

--

New Blog Post: A Pragmatic Introduction to Machine Learning for DevOps
Engineers by Maartens Lourens  <https://goo.gl/qnPWp7>

opencredo.com <http://www.opencredo.com/> . Twitter
<https://twitter.com/OpenCredo> . LinkedIn
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/opencredo>

OpenCredo Ltd -- Excellence in Enterprise Application Development

Registered Office:  5-11 Lavington Street, London, SE1 0NZ
Registered in UK. No 3943999

Re: kafka-streams using throught

Posted by "Matthias J. Sax" <ma...@confluent.io>.
It will be two transactions.

Note, that Kafak transactions are not the same thing as transactions in
RDBMS. There is no notion of ACID guarantees. Kafka's transactions only
guarantee that you get exactly-once processing semantics.

-Matthias