Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by wesli <we...@hotmail.com> on 2014/10/06 23:42:54 UTC

Delete / Update facets from taxonomy index

I'm using lucene for a full text search on a online store.
I've build a indexer program which creates a lucene and a taxonomy index.
The taxonomy index contains facets with categories and article features
(like color, brand, etc.).
Is it possible to re-add or update single document facets? F.g. the shop
owner changes the category of an article or some feature (like color f.g.).
As I read in the documentation, the taxonomy index can be rebuild but it is
not possible to re-add (delete and add) facets.
I don't want to rebuild the whole taxonomy index each time when some single
article (document) facet is changed.
Is there another solution to update the taxonomy index?
I'm using lucene 4.10

Regards

Re: Delete / Update facets from taxonomy index

Posted by Shai Erera <se...@gmail.com>.
Hi

You cannot remove facets from the taxonomy index, but you can reindex a
single document and update its facets. This will add new facets to the
taxonomy index (if they do not already exist). You do that just like you
reindex any document, by calling IndexWriter.updateDocument(). Just make
sure to rebuild the document with FacetsConfig.

Shai