Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Gunnar Eketrapp <gu...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/24 10:31:07 UTC

url control / forwarding ...

Hi again!

The app that I am porting to T5 has some callback services smashed by
external operators.

How do I add forwarding of those "external" url's to my T5 url's.

E.g.

http://webapp.com/external-callback-name

is called by external systems which I would like to forward to e.g.

callbacks/MessageOfTheDay

Sorry for asking stupid / simpe questions but I have read (to fast?) the
HowTo's and didn't find any answer there.
This day (or tomorrow) the T5 book will appear in the physcal mailbox. I
have great expactations ...

Thanks in advance!
Gunnar Eketrapp
Stockholm, Sweden

Re: url control / forwarding ...

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
Em Thu, 24 Sep 2009 05:31:07 -0300, Gunnar Eketrapp
<gu...@gmail.com> escreveu:

> Hi again!

Hi!

> is called by external systems which I would like to forward to e.g.
> callbacks/MessageOfTheDay

You can use URL rewriting for that, avoiding redirection:
http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5.1/guide/url-rewriting.html
Or you can have a page class for that URL and add an onActivate() method
on it:

@InjectPage
private PageThatIsTheTargetOfYourRedirection page;

public Object onActivate() {
	// call any methods you want in the PageThatIsTheTargetOfYourRedirection
instance.
	return page;
}

The documentation for page navigation (including redirects) is here:
http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5.1/guide/pagenav.html.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
http://www.arsmachina.com.br/thiago