Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by anshuljohri <mi...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/24 14:48:36 UTC

deleted segments.gen

Hi,

I don't know why or in what mood i deleted all the files in data/index/ dir.
And now when i am trying to reindex the records through update command, it's
throwing exception of FileNotFound segments.gen
What should i do now. Do i need to reinstall whole solr as i dont remember
whether this file was already there when solr was installed also when no
data was indexed. Or it gets generate on every update command.

Can anyone please help me out. Its very urgent. Plz reply asap.

Thanks,
Anshul johri

Re: deleted segments.gen

Posted by stockii <st...@shopgate.com>.
i got the same problem. twice, deleting of index helped, but why happens ?

solr runs and seems so all is okay. and after a time. i got the
FileNotFoundException segement_XXX.gen is missing ... ^^ =(

Re: deleted segments.gen

Posted by Rafał Kuć <ra...@alud.com.pl>.
Hello,

   Try to delete index directory and restart Solr. Your problem should
be solved.

--
,
 Rafał Kuć