Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Deon Visagie <de...@sebrio.com> on 2006/05/24 10:43:46 UTC

Error trying to implement Custom Exception Page

Hi All

I have implemented a custom engine class extending BaseEngine so that I
could override activateExceptionPage in order to have different error pages
for development and production purposes.

Inside my custom activateExceptionPage function I have the following code:

cycle.activate("CustomException");
renderResponse(cycle);

to supposedly render my error page.

However I am getting a blank html page when an exception does occur. I have
set my application to use my engine class and it works fine if in
activateExceptionPage() I just call super.activateExceptionPage(cycle,
cause).

I get the following error in my application log file:

2006-05-24 09:44:06,734 [http-8080-Processor24] WARN
tapestry.error.RequestExceptionReporter - activateExceptionPage()

Have I missed something?? Does anyone have any suggestions where I am going
wrong here.

Thanks,
Deon