Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net> on 2021/05/15 16:49:46 UTC

Draft of new Templatew for Release Notes

Here is a link to a PDF of a draft of the Release Notes Template on
Confluence. The original intent of the template was to create a
consistent and professional look and feel to the documentation we
present to the public.

A number of changes have been made and I welcome all comments and
suggestions on format, wording, and grammar. The PDF can be found at the
Following link: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AsMYmStvrJNJgQRZMOphRisXB35X

Regards,
Keith

Re: Draft of new Templatew for Release Notes

Posted by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net>.
On 2021-05-16 13:48, Marcus wrote:
> Am 15.05.21 um 18:49 schrieb Keith N. McKenna:
>> Here is a link to a PDF of a draft of the Release Notes Template on
>> Confluence. The original intent of the template was to create a
>> consistent and professional look and feel to the documentation we
>> present to the public.
>>
>> A number of changes have been made and I welcome all comments and
>> suggestions on format, wording, and grammar. The PDF can be found at the
>> Following link: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AsMYmStvrJNJgQRZMOphRisXB35X
>
> please delete the link to the .../download/other.html webpage as it is
> no longer existing. It's now only a redirect to the main download page.
>
> Furthermore the info text at the top "it's not released yet ..." can be
> changed to a colored box which is more visible (insert the macro
> "warning").
>
> I've done the changes already for the AOO 4.1.11 page but not for the
> template.
>
> Marcus

Marcus and Digro, thank you both for your input I will start putting
those changes in.

Marcus, I will have to check deeper into the templating system to see if
that macro can be called in the template. I suspect that it can be.

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 16.05.21 um 14:33 schrieb Dick Groskamp:

> On 2021/05/15 16:49:46, "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net> wrote:
>> Here is a link to a PDF of a draft of the Release Notes Template on
>> Confluence. The original intent of the template was to create a
>> consistent and professional look and feel to the documentation we
>> present to the public.
>>
>> A number of changes have been made and I welcome all comments and
>> suggestions on format, wording, and grammar. The PDF can be found at the
>> Following link: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AsMYmStvrJNJgQRZMOphRisXB35X
>>
> came across the following issues:
> ___________________
> link  Apache OpenOffice - should be HTTPS

to shorten this:

IMHO every link should be HTTPS.

Marcus

Re: Draft of new Templatew for Release Notes

Posted by Dick Groskamp <di...@apache.org>.

On 2021/05/15 16:49:46, "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net> wrote:
> Here is a link to a PDF of a draft of the Release Notes Template on
> Confluence. The original intent of the template was to create a
> consistent and professional look and feel to the documentation we
> present to the public.
>
> A number of changes have been made and I welcome all comments and
> suggestions on format, wording, and grammar. The PDF can be found at the
> Following link: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AsMYmStvrJNJgQRZMOphRisXB35X
>
> Regards,
> Keith

Keith,
came across the following issues:
link  Apache OpenOffice - should be HTTPS

link  here              - should be HTTPS

http://www.openoffice.org/download/other.html should be https://www.openoffice.org/download/other.html

OpenOffice4.1.10  - add space before 4.1.10

 Windows          - remove space before Windows

Apache OpenOffice 4.1.5  should be  4.1.11

http://www.openoffice.org/download/common/instructions.html - should be HTTPS

remove Google+ and replace by YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/openoffice) channel