Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Gris Cuevas <gr...@apache.org> on 2020/05/27 22:14:14 UTC

Website redesign next steps

Hi Beam Community,

Aizhamal shared with us a plan to revamp the current Beam Website[1] a few weeks back. This plan was split into three phases: Phase I: Migrate the Apache Beam website content to Docsy, Phase II: Identify the areas of improvement and develop artifacts and Phase III: Designing and implementing solutions.

Phase I and II were recently completed, and phase II produced a document in which the community suggested improvements and made request for the new website design [2].

I'll be working on phase III of the redesign, and this is how I plan to do it:
1) Write a Product Requirements Document based on the input provided in [2]
2) I will share with the community for feedback
3) Once the PRD is approved, I'll form a working team to implement the redesign.

If you're interested in being part of this team, by either contributing with some of the work (we'll need tech writers, designers, front end developers, etc.) or by sponsoring the team that works on this, please let us know.

The target for project completion will be end of September.

Thanks everyone!

[1] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HlRHfmc9MvKkFEf2gfIL3RYVxTmBXQL4sXjAGGOjeiI/edit#
[2] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1btXMkQGqYaU9pUjYh0iCNrbXf4pAHe3tBFsLQ_cLYHg/edit

Re: Website redesign next steps

Posted by Pablo Estrada <pa...@google.com>.
Thanks Gris!
I added a couple comments. I'll mention here that with Google Season of
Docs, we'll have someone working on
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-2888, so it may be good to align
the efforts.

Thanks!