Posted to dev@hudi.apache.org by Vinoth Chandar <vi...@apache.org> on 2020/01/18 22:10:43 UTC

HUDI-555 & supporting docs for multiple versions

Hello all,

I am looking at doing this, so we can preserve the 0.5.0 release docs for
users who can't move to 0.5.1. Any suggestions? esp lamberken?

I tried adding a subfolder under _docs in the hope that it will get picked
up and new html generated.. but does not seem to work.

Thanks
Vinoth

Re:Re: HUDI-555 & supporting docs for multiple versions

Posted by lamberken <la...@163.com>.

Hello @Vinoth,

It's very smart tricks, great job!
In `_config.yml` file, need add the version to `previous_docs`,
/----------------------------------------------------------------------------/
previous_docs:
  - version: latest
    en: /docs/quick-start-guide.html
    cn: /cn/docs/quick-start-guide.html
  - version: 0.5.0
    en: /docs/0.5.0-quick-start-guide.html
    cn: cn/docs/0.5.0-quick-start-guide.html
/----------------------------------------------------------------------------/

In `navigation.yml` file, need add `0.5.0_cn_docs` like `0.5.0_docs`
/----------------------------------------------------------------------------/
0.5.0_cn_docs:
  - title: Getting Started
    children:
      - title: "Quick Start"
        url: /cn/docs/0.5.0-quick-start-guide.html
      - title: "Use Cases"
        url: /cn/docs/0.5.0-use_cases.html
      - title: "Talks & Powered By"
        url: /cn/docs/0.5.0-powered_by.html
      - title: "Comparison"
        url: /cn/docs/0.5.0-comparison.html
      - title: "Docker Demo"
        url: /cn/docs/0.5.0-docker_demo.html
/----------------------------------------------------------------------------/

BTW,  we can refer to flink project, I found that flink has faced a same situation before.
here is flink issue[1] which talk about the building website automactically. Flink project has
resolved this problem in a simple way, so I think we can learn from it.

The solution uses apache buildbot[2] which can build and deploy snapshots automatically. It seems
to need PMC to complete the next steps.

[2] https://ci.apache.org/buildbot.html
[3] https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-master

thanks,