Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Dipesh <di...@patni.com> on 2010/01/08 12:32:18 UTC

Administering SVN on windows

Hi All,
Currently i am working on SVN under Linux environment, but I want to
access SVN on windows. So please tell me how to administer various tasks
like : Backup, Restoration, Adding/ Deleting users and giving
permissions to users etc on windows.
Is there any tool to handle all these activities? else how I as an CM
will do these tasks.
Any help welcome.

With Regards,
Dipesh

This e-mail message may contain proprietary, confidential or legally privileged information for the sole use of the person or entity to whom this message was originally addressed. Any review, e-transmission dissemination or other use of or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error kindly delete this e-mail from your records. If it appears that this mail has been forwarded to you without proper authority, please notify us immediately at netadmin@patni.com and delete this mail.

RE: Administering SVN on windows

Posted by Bob Archer <Bo...@amsi.com>.
> Hi All,
> Currently i am working on SVN under Linux environment, but I want
> access SVN on windows. So please tell me how to administer various
> tasks
> like : Backup, Restoration, Adding/ Deleting users and giving
> permissions to users etc on windows.
> Is there any tool to handle all these activities? else how I as an
> CM
> will do these tasks.
> Any help welcome.

Are you saying you want to access your linux repository with a windows client? Or, that you want to move your repository to a windows server?

If the latter you might want to check out VisualSVN server. http://www.visualsvn.com/server/

It gives you a UI to manage stuff like this on a Windows server. It is free. From the web site:

"VisualSVN Server is a package that contains everything you need to install, configure and manage Subversion server for your team on Windows platform. It includes Subversion, Apache and a management console."

BOb

Re: Administering SVN on windows

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 07:32, Dipesh <di...@patni.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
> Currently i am working on SVN under Linux environment, but I want to
> access SVN on windows. So please tell me how to administer various tasks
> like : Backup, Restoration, Adding/ Deleting users and giving
> permissions to users etc on windows.
> Is there any tool to handle all these activities? else how I as an CM
> will do these tasks.
> Any help welcome.

It works pretty much the same. There's a Win32 command-line package
which works the same as the Linux equivalent. Python & Perl can both
be installed on Windows if you have any scripts/tools that depend upon
those. User management depends slightly upon how you're serving the
repository and doing user authentication, but it generally works the
same as well.

Set up a test server (you would anyway, right?) and experiment.