Posted to user@vcl.apache.org by Ehsan Shahrokhi <eh...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/23 17:32:36 UTC

Problem with VCL installation

Hi list,
I'd just read the documentation of vcl to install it and after doing all off
the sections and test testsetup.php I type
http://myserverurl.com/web.Ofcourse I copied the web directory to
/var/www/ in ubuntu server. but when I
type myurl/web I see the following error page:
Unable to connect
Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at localhost.

    *   The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in
a few
          moments.

    *   If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
          connection.

    *   If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy,
make sure
          that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Of course I set the 'baseurl' variable in conf.php to
https://myurl/webfirst but it didn't work. And also set it just to
https://myurl but it didn't work too.
And when I checked my access.log file in my apache web server I saw the http
error 302!!

What is the problem? What is 'baseurl' variable in conf.php file? what
should I set to 'baseurl' variable?Is it for redirecting?

Thanks,

Bests

--
Ehsan Shahrokhi

<-----The millions of Open Minds can't be wrong----->
http://eshahrokhi.tk

Re: Problem with VCL installation

Posted by Josh Thompson <jo...@ncsu.edu>.

Ehsan,

Do you have SSL enabled on your web server?  If your web server is not
listening on the SSL port (443), you would get the error you have described.
In which case, you'll probably just want to set up a self-signed certificate
since you are running VCL on an internal network.  This is a great HOWTO on
doing that on CentOS:

http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Https

Josh

<jo...@ncsu.edu>wrote:
> > Ehsan,
> >
> > The firefox error you are getting means that firefox is trying to connect
> > to a
> > webserver on localhost which is your own computer.  Can you explain your
> > setup
> > a little futher?  Did you actually install the VCL web code on the same
> > machine on which you are running firefox?
> >
> > Josh
> >
> > On Saturday October 23, 2010, Ehsan Shahrokhi wrote:
> > > Hi list,
> > > I'd just read the documentation of vcl to install it and after doing
> > > all off the sections and test testsetup.php I type
> > > http://myserverurl.com/web.Ofcourse I copied the web directory to
> > > /var/www/ in ubuntu server. but when I
> > > type myurl/web I see the following error page:
> > > Unable to connect
> > > Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at localhost.
> > >
> > >     *   The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try
> > >     again
> >
> > in
> >
> > > a few
> > >
> > >           moments.
> > >
> > >     *   If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's
> >
> > network
> >
> > >           connection.
> > >
> > >     *   If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or
> > >     proxy,
> > >
> > > make sure
> > >
> > >           that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.
> > >
> > > Of course I set the 'baseurl' variable in conf.php to
> > > https://myurl/webfirst but it didn't work. And also set it just to
> > > https://myurl but it didn't work too.
> > > And when I checked my access.log file in my apache web server I saw the
> > > http error 302!!
> > >

> > > What is the problem? What is 'baseurl' variable in conf.php file? what
> > > should I set to 'baseurl' variable?Is it for redirecting?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Bests
> >
> > --
> > -------------------------------