Posted to users@maven.apache.org by William Simons <wi...@childrens.harvard.edu> on 2006/04/26 16:42:58 UTC

PMD plugin in multi-module help needed

I posted this on the PMD forum with no response so I thought I'd try here
too...

I want to incorporate PMD into my Maven 2 build and have run into a bit of a
snag. I have a multi-module project and included the plugin configuration in
my reporting section of the parent POM. The problem that I have is that some
of my child projects do not have a src/main/java directory (no Java code)
and CPD is failing with a:

Caused by: org.apache.maven.reporting.MavenReportException: Couldn't find
directory /Users/bsimons/projects/svn/ping/server/core-xml/src/main/java
at org.apache.maven.plugin.pmd.CpdReport.executeReport(CpdReport.java:159)
at
org.apache.maven.reporting.AbstractMavenReport.generate(AbstractMavenReport.
java:98)
at
org.apache.maven.plugins.site.SiteMojo.generateReportsPages(SiteMojo.java:80
2)
at org.apache.maven.plugins.site.SiteMojo.execute(SiteMojo.java:301)
... 18 more
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: Couldn't find directory
/Users/bsimons/projects/svn/ping/server/core-xml/src/main/java
at net.sourceforge.pmd.cpd.CPD.addDirectory(CPD.java:69)
at net.sourceforge.pmd.cpd.CPD.addRecursively(CPD.java:58)
at org.apache.maven.plugin.pmd.CpdReport.executeReport(CpdReport.java:155)
... 21 more

Running the pmd:pmd plugin does not fail in the same way. Is there a way for
me to configure the plugin so that if the directory does not exist, it
should skip it?

Thanks.

Re: PMD plugin in multi-module help needed

Posted by Jamie Bisotti <jb...@gmail.com>.
On 4/26/06, William Simons <wi...@childrens.harvard.edu> wrote:

> I posted this on the PMD forum with no response so I thought I'd try here
> too...
>
> I want to incorporate PMD into my Maven 2 build and have run into a bit of
> snag. I have a multi-module project and included the plugin configuration
> in
> my reporting section of the parent POM. The problem that I have is that
> some
> of my child projects do not have a src/main/java directory (no Java code)
> and CPD is failing with a:
>
> Caused by: org.apache.maven.reporting.MavenReportException: Couldn't find
> directory /Users/bsimons/projects/svn/ping/server/core-xml/src/main/java
> at org.apache.maven.plugin.pmd.CpdReport.executeReport(CpdReport.java:159)
> at
> org.apache.maven.reporting.AbstractMavenReport.generate
> (AbstractMavenReport.
> java:98)
> at
> org.apache.maven.plugins.site.SiteMojo.generateReportsPages(SiteMojo.java
> :80
> 2)
> at org.apache.maven.plugins.site.SiteMojo.execute(SiteMojo.java:301)
> ... 18 more
> Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: Couldn't find directory
> /Users/bsimons/projects/svn/ping/server/core-xml/src/main/java
> at net.sourceforge.pmd.cpd.CPD.addDirectory(CPD.java:69)
> at net.sourceforge.pmd.cpd.CPD.addRecursively(CPD.java:58)
> at org.apache.maven.plugin.pmd.CpdReport.executeReport(CpdReport.java:155)
> ... 21 more
>

> Running the pmd:pmd plugin does not fail in the same way. Is there a way
> for
> me to configure the plugin so that if the directory does not exist, it
> should skip it?
>
> Thanks.

Sounds like a bug in the PMD plug-in.  Have you checked JIRA to see if it is
a known issue?  If not, you should probably file one yourself.

--
Jamie