Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Jeremy Jongsma <je...@barchart.com> on 2014/07/22 00:05:51 UTC

Authentication exception

I routinely get this exception from cqlsh on one of my clusters:

cql.cassandra.ttypes.AuthenticationException:
AuthenticationException(why='org.apache.cassandra.exceptions.ReadTimeoutException:
Operation timed out - received only 2 responses.')

The system_auth keyspace is set to replicate X times given X nodes in each
datacenter, and at the time of the exception all nodes are reporting as
online and healthy. After a short period (i.e. 30 minutes), it will let me
in again.

What could be the cause of this?

Re: Authentication exception

Posted by Jeremy Jongsma <je...@barchart.com>.
Yes, and all nodes have had at least two more scheduled repairs since then.

Posted by Or Sher <or...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jeremy Jongsma <je...@barchart.com>.

Posted by Jeremy Jongsma <je...@barchart.com>.

Posted by Rahul Menon <ra...@apigee.com>.