Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Nancy Bellantine <nj...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/19 19:49:16 UTC

Two questions

1. How do I highlight a field or cell ?

2. How can I change the default font?  I tried to change it, it reflects what I changed it to in the preferences, however still defaulting to new times Roman.

Re: Two questions

Posted by Johnny Rosenberg <gu...@gmail.com>.
2013/4/19 Nancy Bellantine <nj...@gmail.com>:
> 1. How do I highlight a field or cell ?

One cell:
Shift+click the cell
or
Click a cell, don't release the mouse button, move the mouse until two
or more cells are highlighted, move the mouse back to the first cell
again…

> 2. How can I change the default font?  I tried to change it, it reflects what I changed it to in the preferences, however still defaulting to new times Roman.

F11 → Right click the default style → Edit… → Edit the font to
whatever you want.
Save as a new template by pressing F11, do some clicking and typing…
Now, File → Templates → Organize → Do some necessary clicking until
you find your template → Right click it → Set as default template

Something like that anyway.

Now, your new template will be loaded everytime you open a new document.

Johnny Rosenberg

Re: Two questions

Posted by Alan Boba <ab...@gmail.com>.
Nancy,

Presuming in #1 you mean a single cell...

My favorite method to highlight one is Ctrl+click.

On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 1:49 PM, Nancy Bellantine <nj...@gmail.com>wrote:

> 1. How do I highlight a field or cell ?
>
> 2. How can I change the default font?  I tried to change it, it reflects
> what I changed it to in the preferences, however still defaulting to new
> times Roman.

Alan Boba
CISSP, CCENT, ITIL v3 Foundations 2011

Re: Two questions

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Fri, 19 Apr 2013 13:49:16 -0400
Nancy Bellantine <nj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 1. How do I highlight a field or cell ?
>
> 2. How can I change the default font?  I tried to change it, it reflects what I changed it to in the preferences, however still defaulting to new times Roman.

1. In Calc, double click in the cell. Or Click to one side of the entry in the Formula bar, hold mouse button down and drag across it. In Writer Click in front of or behind it and drag, for fields. In a Writer Table treble click in a cell will select the entire content of the cell, or click and drag (as above).

2. Tutorial on the Forum on making a new default template:
http://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=1161

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>