Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org> on 2017/02/02 09:41:59 UTC

Re: [Text] Consider making the project "multimodule"

Modules of Text would make sense if we get larger differences of
dependencies; if it is just different functionality, subpackages within a
single module would be better.

Posted by Gilles <gi...@harfang.homelinux.org>.
On Thu, 2 Feb 2017 09:41:59 +0000, Stian Soiland-Reyes wrote:
> Modules of Text would make sense if we get larger differences of
> dependencies; if it is just different functionality, subpackages
> within a
> single module would be better.

Indeed, the proposal was with an eye towards differing dependency
requirements:
  * formatting/parsing of "Complex" would depend on the module
    "commons-numbers-complex"
  * formatting/parsing of "Fraction" would depend on the module
    "commons-numbers-fraction"
while none of the functionality that exists today in [Text] needs
to pull those dependencies.

Gilles