Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by pb...@tampabay.rr.com on 2001/06/06 21:29:19 UTC

Adding a new class to soap server in Tomcat

I am a brand new subscriber to this group so PLEASE forgive my question if it's
been answered already.  I've read through the archives 'till I was cross-eyed
and am fairly sure the answer has not been posted... oh forgive me if I'm wrong.

Anyway, here we go:

I have installed tomcat 3.2.2 and apache on my windows 2K Advanced server pc.
I've downloaded the Xerces xml parser and the other classes as specified in the
apache soap documentation. I've also modified the classpath definition to
insure the Xerces xml parser is at the "front of the list".  ALL OF THE SOAP
SAMPLES WORK PERFECTLY!!

But...

As stupid as this sounds, I can't seem to get my simple test java class to
work. I've created a deployment descriptor, copiled my test service without
error.  But, what was not clear is how to install the java class so that soap
will find it. I can deploy the service and I see it when I use the admin
tools.  However, when I run my client code, I get the following error which
makes me think the soap server can't find my service:

Run the program
CALL INVOKE ERROR: [SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Protocol; msg=Unsupported
response content type "text/html", must be: "text/xml". Response was:
<h1>Error: 500</h1>
>javax.servlet.ServletException: Error building response envelope: java.lang.Nul
lPointerException
        at org.apache.soap.server.http.RPCRouterServlet.doPost(RPCRouterServlet.
java:353)
        at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService(ServletWrapper.java:4
05)
        at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:372
)
        at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(ContextManager.
java:797)
        at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:743
)
        at org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnectio
n(HttpConnectionHandler.java:213)
        at org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:
416)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java
:501)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)
</pre>

]