Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Martin Klähn <gr...@gmail.com> on 2019/12/08 15:06:45 UTC

Missing netbeans common api annotations

Hi all,

while working on fixing compiler warnings in several places I've come along
some warnings the compiler emitted while compiling the sources.

A short example follows:
.../nbbuild/build/public-package-jars/org-netbeans-api-annotations-common.jar(/org/netbeans/api/annotations/common/NonNull.class):
warning: Cannot find annotation method 'when()' in type 'Nonnull': class
file for javax.annotation.Nonnull not found
warning: unknown enum constant When.ALWAYS
  reason: class file for javax.annotation.meta.When not found
.../nbbuild/build/public-package-jars/org-netbeans-api-annotations-common.jar(/org/netbeans/api/annotations/common/NullAllowed.class):
warning: Cannot find annotation method 'when()' in type 'Nonnull'
warning: unknown enum constant When.MAYBE
.../nbbuild/build/public-package-jars/org-netbeans-api-annotations-common.jar(/org/netbeans/api/annotations/common/CheckForNull.class):
warning: Cannot find annotation method 'when()' in type 'Nonnull'
warning: unknown enum constant When.MAYBE
.../nbbuild/build/public-package-jars/org-netbeans-api-annotations-common.jar(/org/netbeans/api/annotations/common/NullUnknown.class):
warning: Cannot find annotation method 'when()' in type 'Nonnull'
warning: unknown enum constant When.UNKNOWN

These warning are annoying in so far as even if I manage to fix all fixable
warnings fixed - either by fixing the code or suppressing the warning when
appropriate - this leaves me with these warnings. This then also prevents
me from setting the -Werror compiler flag - which will ensure that no new
warning will leak into existing code.

My problem is that I don't know how to fix these warnings.

Can somebody help?

Regards
Martin

Re: Missing netbeans common api annotations

Posted by Martin Klähn <gr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Matthias,

the clean workspace was the problem for me.
With a clean workspace I can verify that these warnings are no longer
generated.

The warning you mentioned, and others like it (e.g. for @After, @Before for
junit) are suppressable via -Xlint:-processing, which is what I've done so
far.

Thanks for your help.

Regards
Martin

Posted by Matthias Bläsing <mb...@doppel-helix.eu>.
Hi,

could you please check again?

Am Sonntag, den 08.12.2019, 18:50 +0100 schrieb Martin Klähn:

> sorry, these warnings are still there.
> :(

I don't see this - this is my check (github/pr/1762 is your cleanup
branch, common_annotations_jsr305 is my fix for JSR305):

# Ensure master is current
git checkout master
git pull
# Create test branch
git checkout -b test_annotations
# Merge the api.search cleamup branch
git merge github/pr/1762
# Merge the common_annotations_jsr305 branch
git merge common_annotations_jsr305
# Ensure a clean build space
git clean -f -x -d
# Build complete code base
ant
# Clean platform/api.search
ant -f platform/api.search clean
# Build
ant -f platform/api.search

I see only one left over warning:

-do-compile:
 [nb-javac] Compiling 122 source files to /home/matthias/src/netbeans/platform/api.search/build/classes
 [nb-javac] warning: No processor claimed any of these annotations: org.netbeans.api.annotations.common.NullAllowed,org.netbeans.api.annotations.common.NonNull,org.netbeans.api.annotations.common.NullUnknown,org.netbeans.api.annotations.common.CheckForNull
 [nb-javac] 1 warning
     [copy] Copying 22 files to /home/matthias/src/netbeans/platform/api.search/build/classes

Posted by Martin Klähn <gr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Matthias,

Posted by Matthias Bläsing <mb...@doppel-helix.eu>.
Hi Martin,