Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Zhou Shuaifeng <zh...@huawei.com> on 2010/06/29 11:40:13 UTC

Questions about bloomfilter in hbase

Hi,

I looked into the source code of hbase, find that the default value of using
bloomfilter is all false.
In the HColumnDescriptor, there is name and default value of bloomfilter.
But I can't find any function to deal with the bloomfilter when the onoff of
bloombilter is TRUE.

So, what operation does hbase do when the bloomfilter onoff is setting to
True? How to set it if bloomfilter is needed when add column or alter table?
And how to configer the bloomfilter ? (like vector size, nmhash, etc..)

Thanks.

This e-mail and its attachments contain confidential information from
HUAWEI, which
is intended only for the person or entity whose address is listed above. Any
use of the
information contained herein in any way (including, but not limited to,
total or partial
disclosure, reproduction, or dissemination) by persons other than the
intended
recipient(s) is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please
notify the sender by

RE: Questions about bloomfilter in hbase

Posted by Zhou Shuaifeng <zh...@huawei.com>.
 OK, I will get it and study more.
Thanks a lot.

Zhou Shuaifeng(Frank)

No bloomfilters in 0.20.x hbase. They were removed a while ago because
poorly implemented.  It looks like we did not excise it from everywhere.

Bloomfilters will make a comeback in hbase 0.90.0.  They have been
completely redone and are super fancy.  Check them out in the recent
developer release drop, 0.89.20100625

Stack

Posted by Stack <sa...@gmail.com>.