Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Krishna Vemuri <kr...@electroneconomy.com> on 2000/08/28 23:21:46 UTC

benchmark

Hey All,

Has there any benchmarking been done for Xerces-J in comparision with other
parsers?? If so, does anyone where the results of benchmarking test are
located??

Thanks,
Krishna

Krishna Vemuri
Software Engineer
Electron Economy, Inc.

Re: benchmark

Posted by James Duncan Davidson <du...@x180.com>.
!Death to HTML email!

Er, um.. What I'm really trying to say is that HTML email is widely
discouraged on Apache email lists because, even if Outlook and Netscape are
all on the bandwagon, lot's of folks in the world still use Pine and other
text only based mail readers. Let's keep it plain text please. I don't mean
to pick on this one post, it was simply the one at which I decided to speak
up at.

Thanks...

.duncan

on 8/28/00 3:39 PM, sakthi at sakthi@reez.com wrote:

Hi all,
Can anyone help me in solving this issue.

Iam a greenhorn to xml and I wrote a simple parser  as given below.

import org.apache.xerces.parsers.DOMParser;
import org.w3c.dom.Document;
import org.w3c.dom.*;
import org.xml.sax.SAXException;
import java.io.IOException;
import org.apache.xerces.utils.*;
public class ReezDomParser
{

  ReezDomParser()
  {

   String xmlFile = "coreConfig.xml";
   DOMParser parser = new DOMParser();
   Document document = null;

   try {
         parser.setFeature("http://xml.org/sax/features/validation", true);

parser.setFeature("http://apache.org/xml/features/dom/include-ignorable-whit
espace",false);
       }
   catch (SAXException e)
   {
      System.out.println("error in setting up parser feature");
   }

   try {
        parser.parse(xmlFile);
        document = parser.getDocument();
        NodeList n = document.getChildNodes();
        for(int i = 0; i < n.getLength(); i++)
        {
          System.out.println(n.item(i));
        }
      }
      catch (SAXException se)
      {
          se.printStackTrace();
      }
      catch (IOException ioe)
      {
         ioe.printStackTrace();
      }
  }

  public static void main(String args[])
  {
 ReezDomParser rdp = new ReezDomParser();
  }

}

Now if I compile it , it compiled but if I try to run it throws this error.

C:\ReezConnectSystem>java ReezDomParser AdapterConfig.xml

java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find bundle for base name
org.apache.xerc
es.msg.ImplementationMessages, locale en_US
        at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:1225)
        at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:1247)
        at ReezDomParser.<init>(ReezDomParser.java:27)
        at ReezDomParser.main(ReezDomParser.java:47)

Re: benchmark