Posted to dev@openwhisk.apache.org by Justin Berstler <jb...@icloud.com> on 2017/11/10 15:27:29 UTC

Continuing to participate in the project

Hi all,

My name is Justin Berstler and I’m an existing committer on the project. However, I am no longer an IBM employee and so have removed references to IBM from my GitHub profile - which included changing my username (was “bjustin-ibm”, now “jberstler”). I noticed that after changing my GH username, I was removed from the Apache Github Organization. I suspect this was automatically done as a result of changing my username, but I can’t be certain.

In any case, I would like to continue to participate in the project and have already updated my Apache ID information to reflect my new Github username. Is that all that is required to get my Github account back into the Apache Organization?

Thanks in advance,
Justin

Re: Continuing to participate in the project

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi Justin,

On Fri, Nov 10, 2017 at 4:27 PM, Justin Berstler <jb...@icloud.com> wrote:
> ...I would like to continue to participate in the project and have already updated
> my Apache ID information to reflect my new Github username. Is that all that is
> required to get my Github account back into the Apache Organization?...

As per https://whimsy.apache.org/roster/committer , Apache used
"berstler" is a committer for OpenWhisk, so I think you only need to
make sure https://gitbox.apache.org/ knows the mapping of that to your
GitHub username.

https://gitbox.apache.org/setup/ allows you to establish that mapping,
is that what you did?

If yes I suppose you should be all set, but that gitbox stuff is
pretty new. If you have doubts best is to get in touch with ASF infra
as per https://www.apache.org/dev/infra-contact - and report here for
the benefit of others once confirmed.

-Bertrand