Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com> on 2005/10/21 02:00:45 UTC

Fixing site problems

David,

> Someone from ftpserver is holding up the last phase of the
> publishing process, we cannot do 'svn up' on the server.

Sorry, I didn't realize that it was a hard block.  I'll fix it after dinner
by forcibly moving it where it belongs.

If someone would please explain to the ftpserver project about how they
should be managing their site, that'd be great.  See Rana's message in
"ftpserver has broken svn directory on webserver" this morning.

	--- Noel

Re: Fixing site problems

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Noel J. Bergman wrote:

> Again, if someone would please explain to the ftpserver project about how
> they
> should be managing their site, that'd be great.

I will do that, and update the incubator website docs.
Perhaps it is confusing.

-David

Re: Fixing site problems

Posted by "Roy T. Fielding" <fi...@gbiv.com>.
On Oct 20, 2005, at 5:05 PM, Noel J. Bergman wrote:

> Again, if someone would please explain to the ftpserver project about
> how
> they
> should be managing their site, that'd be great.

While they are at it, please explain the incubator disclaimer
and release policies as well.

    http://incubator.apache.org/ftpserver/download.html

....Roy

RE: Fixing site problems

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
David and Roy,

Actually, I did a mv of their entire site directory, so who knows which of
us did what first.  :-)

And I just moved their SVN structure out from site-publish, so it should be
entirely out of your way.  They can do whatever they want with it now, but
they should keep it under their own repository area.

Did an svn switch to the location where I put it, just to be nice.

	--- Noel

RE: Fixing site problems

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> I'll fix it after dinner by forcibly moving it where it belongs.

Done.  The URL is http://incubator.apache.org/ftpserver/, as it should be,
and the local directory is /www/incubator.apcahe.org/ftpserver.

HOWEVER, I have not yet moved the project's directory sources.  They are
under site-publish/projects/ftpserver, and that whole directory needs to be
moved up several levels, so that it is no longer part of the Incubator's own
site.  Will do that shortly.