Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Ariel Tubaltsev <tu...@gmail.com> on 2019/03/18 21:18:13 UTC

txSize parameter in transaction

Hi

I wanted to start the TX transaction with a timeout value, however the
"txStart" API also expects a "txSize" parameter.

The documentation states we can pass an approximate value.
https://ignite.apache.org/releases/latest/javadoc/org/apache/ignite/IgniteTransactions.html

Could you tell how to estimate it? It's just a number of different keys
participating in transaction.

In my application I am invoking the "getAndPutIfAbsent()" method twice (2
different caches) with 2 different keys. So what would need to be the
"txSize" ?

My use case - I just want to use timeout, I'd be happy to stick with any
default, if there is such thing.

Thank you
Ariel

Re: txSize parameter in transaction

Posted by Ariel Tubaltsev <tu...@gmail.com>.
Great, thank you

Re: txSize parameter in transaction

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

The default seems to be 0 so you can try and use that. I guess it's good
default unless your transaction is really large.

Ilya Kasnacheev