Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Nitin Agarwal <ag...@apar.com> on 2001/12/17 05:52:18 UTC

SMTPAppender:505 Authentication required

I am using SMTPAppender. The programs compiles well and when running gives
me an error
MailException 505: Authentication required.
I have tried the program on our server thru which we are sending all the
other system generated emails. There also it gives me the same Exception. I
am using log4j1.1.3 version on Windows NT machine. In the properties file I
have given correct SMTPHost name and from and to emails Ids.
can anyone help me with 505: Authentication required?