Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Andy Pippin <An...@j2global.com> on 2007/01/18 02:34:45 UTC

[FAQ] Question about ${basedir}

   I'm trying to build a multi-module project that requires some
resources (an xsl file) to complete.  The location of the XSL file is
relative to ${basedir}, which changes based on whether I am in the
sub-module or at the top level.  As a result, the processing can find
the necessary source only when it is either in the submodule, or in
the top module.

   Is there a way around this?  Can a property be set that is the
same regardless of which level I start, but will not hard-code it so
different users will be able to use it without modification?
Something in each user's settings.xml file?

     aBp_

   (PS: sorry about the first post.... my finger slipped.)
--
Andy Pippin
   EMail: Andy.Pippin@j2global.com

   Confidentiality Notice:  This email, its contents and attachments,
contain information from j2 Global Communications Inc. which may be
privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. The
information is intended to be for the addressee(s) only.  If you are
not an addressee, any disclosure, copy, distribution, or use of the
contents of this message is prohibited.  If you have received this
email in error please notify the sender by reply mail and delete the
original message and any copies.