Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Marc Schwarz <in...@qboad.de> on 2010/01/28 16:06:48 UTC

Highlighter / cannot be instantiated

I'm trying to get the highlighter running, but didn't get it work.

Everywhere it's posted as following:

Highlighter highlighter = new Highlighter(new SimpleHTMLFormatter(),
new QueryScorer(query));

but that gives me a
"Highlighter is abstract; cannot be instantiated".

I'm using version 2.9 of highliter/2.9 of lucene

Any ideas ? Thanks :-)

Greetings,
Marc

AW: Highlighter / cannot be instantiated

Posted by Marc Schwarz <in...@qboad.de>.
Yep that was it :-)

Thanks !

Are you sure you imported Highlighter from the correct lucene namespace

 org.apache.lucene.search.highlight.Highlighter

and not something else like javax.swing.text.Highlighter?

Illes

Re: Highlighter / cannot be instantiated

Posted by Illés Solt <il...@gmail.com>.