Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by "puchen@polyvi.com" <pu...@polyvi.com> on 2014/02/28 08:40:12 UTC

Completely support own engine version for our port

We're building our cordova-based framework, but it's actually a different releasing cycle. For a long run, I figured out that we can't just override the cordova version but have to define own one. To get that,

1. add 'MYVERSION' file in the cordova-ios/CordovaLib, similar to default 'VERSION'
2. add 'myversion' script in bin/templates/scripts/cordova, side by side with 'version'
3. modify 'create' script to copy in 'myversion' to target project
4. add definition in plugman/src/util/default-engines.js, sth like
    'myengine': { 'platform':'*', 'scriptSrc': path.join(project_dir, 'cordova', 'myversion') }
    'myengine-ios': { 'platform':'ios', 'scriptSrc': path.join(project_dir, 'cordova', 'myversion') }

For some own plugin, I could define plugin.xml like below
    <engines>
        <engine name="cordova" version=">=3.2.0" />
        <engine name="myengine" version=">=1.0.0" />
    </engines>

I've done some simple tests, did I understand the 'engine' element right and am I on the correct way?

--
puchen@polyvi.com