Posted to users@directory.apache.org by David Paulsen <da...@kewill.com> on 2015/02/26 23:27:46 UTC

Getting Password Expired Instead of Invalid Credentials

First of all, I'm using the ApacheDS Trunk that I downloaded and built on
2/24/2014.

When I log in with invalid credentials AND the password is expired, I
would expect to get the invalid credentials error:
LDAPException: Invalid Credentials (49) Invalid Credentials
LDAPException: Server Message: INVALID_CREDENTIALS: Bind failed: ERR_229
Cannot authenticate user
uid=admin,ou=DJPS1,ou=DVHead,dc=kewilltransport,dc=com

Instead I get the password expired error:
LDAPException: Invalid Credentials (49) Invalid Credentials
LDAPException: Server Message: INVALID_CREDENTIALS: Bind failed: paasword
expired

I would think we should get the invalid credentials error in that case.

Thanks!

Re: Getting Password Expired Instead of Invalid Credentials

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>.
I am looking into it, will let you know.

--
Kiran Ayyagari
http://keydap.com

Re: Getting Password Expired Instead of Invalid Credentials

Posted by David Paulsen <da...@kewill.com>.

Posted by David Paulsen <da...@kewill.com>.

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Paulsen <da...@kewill.com>.
> Ooops... You are so right !
>
> Can you fill a JIRA ?

I created a JIRA issue:

Re: Getting Password Expired Instead of Invalid Credentials

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.